As Seen on
Morning News Monday
2 parts bourbon
1 part sour mix (see recipe below)
Combine in shaker with ice cubes, shake for 30 seconds. Strain into double old fashioned glass with large ice cube. Garnish with three Luxardo cherries on a skewer.
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
Juice of 3-4 limes, equal to 1/2 cup
Juice of 3-4 lemons, equal to 1/2 cup
1 egg white
1. Combine and boil until sugar dissolves, set aside to cool
2. Juice of 3-4 limes and 3-4 lemons to equal 1 cup
3. Combine simple syrup, juice, and egg white
Cranberry Baked Brie
1 round brie cheese
1 cup cranberry sauce
minced herbs to garnish
Preheat oven to 350
Slice 1/4" off top of brie. Place in the center of a baking dish or pan. Top with cranberry sauce.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until warm and melted. Remove from oven and carefully transfer to serving platter. Top with minced herbs and serve with crackers.
Sautéed Brussel Sprouts
4-5 oz cubed pancetta
2 medium shallots thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb brussel sprouts thinly sliced
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Add olive oil to large skillet and heat over medium
2. Add pancetta and saute for 3 minutes
3. Add shallots and saute until golden
4. Add brussel sprouts and Sauté for 5-6 minutes until bright green
5. Deglaze pan with red wine vinegar
French Onion Mac & Cheese
2 lbs yellow onions thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sherry
1 stick butter
4 tbsp flour
2 C heavy cream
1 C. shredded gruyere cheese
1 C. shredded smoked gouda cheese
1 C. shredded fontina cheese
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 lb pasta cooked al dente
1. Heat olive oil and 2 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium heat and saute onions for 25-30 minutes until deep golden brown.
2. Deglaze pan with sherry.
3. In medium saucepan melt 4 tbsp butter and add flour to make a roux. Cook for 3-4 mins or until blonde/ light brown.
4. Whisk heavy cream in gradually and heat until simmering.
5. Combine cheeses and add in handfuls. Stir each handful until melted.
6. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
7. Combine cooked pasta and sautéed onions into sauce, stir will to coat the pasta with cheese sauce.
8. Butter 9 x 11 baking dish. Pour cheese and pasta into dish.
9. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 for 25 - 35 minutes.
Roasted Pork Loin
1 cup kosher salt
1 cup sugar
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp pepper corns
3 cups apple cider vinegar
5 cloves garlic
4 sprigs rosemary
4 sprigs thyme
water to cover loin
Combine all ingredients and stir to dissolve sugar. Add pork loin and let rest in brine for 4-6 hours in a refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 375.
Herb Crust for Pork Loin
4 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
4 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
4 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
Line baking sheet or roasting pan with foil.
Coat pork loin on all sides with herb crust.
Roast in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135. Remove from oven and loosely tent with foil. and let rest for 20 min before slicing.
Scald 2 cups heavy cream over low heat being sure not to allow to come to a boil. After scalding, remove from heat to cool slightly.
Separate 5 eggs. In mixer bowl, combine the 5 egg yolks, 32/4 cup sugar, 2 tb vanilla extract and ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt. Beat till frothy. Add ¼ cup of the hot cream, then gradually drizzle the remaining cream into the beaten mixture, mixing till thoroughly combined.
Place 4-5 ramekins in a 2” pan. Pour the egg mixture ¾ full into the ramekins. After filling the ramekins, pour HOT water into the pan surrounding the ramekins so that the hot water fills the pan half way.
Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the Brulee is set and only slightly “jiggly” in the center.
Remover from the hot water pan and set to cool slightly. Then refrigerate overnight.
Bewfore serving, sprinkle granulated sugar over the top of the brulee then either broil or use a culinary torch to melt the granulated sugar into a caramel crust on the top.